I have written programme notes, articles, and interview pieces about music and the arts for a variety of publications including the LSO, Wigmore Hall, PRS M Magazine, Askonas Holt Green Room Magazine and Philharmonia Orchestra.
- Wigmore Hall programme notes – November 2021 Mischa and Lily Maisky – feat. Britten cello sonata, Beethoven Variations, and Piazzolla’s Le Grand Tango.
- ‘Collective Visions’ interview with Manchester Collective for PRS M Magazine
- Philharmonia programme notes (May 2021) for concert ‘Life in Vienna, Death in Venice’ (feat. Strauss Festmusik der Stadt Wien, Beethoven Piano concerto no 4, Britten Death in Venice suite arr. Bedford.)
- ‘Changing the Soundtrack’ (April 2021) IWD article for PRS M Magazine, interviewing film and TV composers Nainita Desai, Alexandra Hamilton-Ayres, Donna McKevitt and Isobel Waller-Bridge.
- Interview with conductor Long Yu for Askonas Holt
- Longborough Opera programme: Interviews with Amanda Holden and Anthony Negus (published in clubdeopera.com)
- Blog post about The Arms of Sleep at Brighton Festival for the Voice Project
- Stravinsky’s Renard, Mavra, and instrumental works at the Royal College of Music
- Dorling Kindersley Classical Music features on Lully, Scarlatti and Corelli (2018)
- ‘Tolstoy: From Count to Comrade’ for WNO Autumn 2018 programme (War and Peace)
- ‘A Story of Love and Death’: Interview with Polly Graham, Director of Le Vin herbé , Welsh National Opera Spring programme (February 2017)
- ‘An operatic Revolution’ – Article on Welsh National Youth Opera’s Kommilitonen!, WNO programme (September 2016)
- Royal College of Music Daphnis et Chloë programme notes for concert conducted by Bernard Haitink (November 2016)
Orchestral/Chamber Music Programme Notes for Sinfonia Cymru (2014-15)
Rossini, Mozart, Schubert, Mendelssohn with Llŷr Williams (November 2015)
Rachel Podger: Fux, Bach, Vivaldi, Telemann (April 2015)
Laura van der Heijden and Sinfonia Cymru: Beethoven, Sibelius, Shostakovich, Copland (March 2015)
4tet Programme: Haydn, Copland, Bridge, Mozart (February 2015)
As a podcast host and speaker on music and opera, I have worked for companies including Longborough Festival Opera, the Hay Festival, Welsh National Opera, the Royal College of Music.
Host of ‘Wagner’s Women’ – 30 minute podcast for Longborough Festival Opera, interviewing soprano Lee Bisset and Eleanor Rosamund Barraclough
30-minute pre-performance talk for Figaro Gets a Divorce by Elena Langer (February 2016) Listen here
Online introduction to George Crumb’s Black Angels for Royal College of Music (90 seconds) Watch here
Online guide to Carmen Youtube guide (contributor) Watch here